We love seeing you and your children on a regular basis and find it a privilege to help guide them as they become lifelong readers, learners and library lovers! We are proud to work in a town where the library plays such a central role in the life of the community.
- We offer weekly story times for ages 0-5. Age limits are noted under the name of the program. Programs are designed for specific developmental levels, so we ask that you respect the age noted.
- We ask that you make it a point to be in the room a few minutes before the story time is scheduled to begin. This gives you and your child a chance to settle in before the program starts.
- An important part of story time is interaction with your child. Please put your phone away and set it to vibrate while you are in story time. Please refrain from conversing with other parents during the story time; this can be very distracting for both the children and the story time leader.
- The purpose of story time is to instill a love of language and reading. To that end, please do not worry if you feel your child is not sitting still or paying attention during the program. All children are different: Even those who are seemingly not paying attention or just observing will surprise you at home by modeling the behavior they learn at story time, perhaps by singing a favorite storytime song or “reading” a book to you.
- Due to the many children with food allergies and dietary restrictions, we ask that if you are bringing snacks with you that they are in a closed container and nut free.
- We all have bad days, and your child is no different. If need be, please take your child out of the story time room to calm down. Feel free to return to the class when you are able.
- Story time shouldn’t end when you leave the library. Take books home with you and sing the songs and fingerplays you have learned during class. Reading is fun!